Flavor Seed's Cocoa Butt'Er Steak
Steak is one of our favorite ingredients here at Flavor Seed and we can’t get enough steak recipes. This one is simple enough for a weeknight meal but also works equally well for date night or having friends over for dinner.
- 2 steaks of choice
- Flavor Seed’s Cocoa Butt’er seasoning
- 3-5 small to medium beets
- 5-ounce spinach
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek to Me seasoning
- Flavor Seed’s Anything with Wings seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub steaks with Flavor Seed’s Cocoa Butt’er seasoning and marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Using a peeler, remove skin from beets and slice into ¼ inch slices. Place sliced beets on a foiled pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek to Me seasoning and thyme. Roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until soft.
- To make spinach, add remaining tablespoons olive oil to a large sauté pan and add spinach. Cook until wilted and season with Flavor Seed’s Anything with Wings seasoning.
- When the beets are done add orange zest and mix.
- Heat a grill or a large skillet over medium high heat. Grill or sear steaks for ~4 minutes per side, for medium rare. Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve with vegetables.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes