Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
As Halloween approaches, and the tradition of carving jack-o-lanterns is in full swing, there is a healthy snack right at your fingertips: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. After hollowing out your jack-o-lantern, these seeds can be transformed into a delightful treat. Seasoned to perfection and roasted in the oven, they become the ideal crunchy snack for celebrating Halloween.
- 2 cups of pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons of Flavor Seed
What Flavor Seed seasoning to choose?
- Scoop seeds out of the fresh pumpkin and boil these in water for 15 minutes to remove all the slime.
- Drain water and pat clean seeds dry with a paper towel. Then place them flat on a non-stick baking sheet to dry completely overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Toss dry seeds in olive oil or some melted butter in a large bowl.
- Place seeds flat on a baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle the top of your pumpkin seeds with the Flavor Seed seasoning of your choice.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven to stir seeds around, then bake for an additional 10 minutes for that perfect crunch.
- Enjoy your healthy home-made snack!