Flavor Seed's Rock Yo' Taco Queso
We love cheese over here at Flavor Seed. Therefore, the notion of a large pan of the stuff - flavored with Flavor Seed’s Rock Yo’ Taco no less - gets us going.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk, room temperature
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Flavor Seed’s Rock Yo’ Taco Salt, to taste
- 1 small red onion, diced for optional garnish
- 1 jalapeno, sliced for optional garnish
- ½ bunch scallions, sliced for optional garnish
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped for optional garnish
- 1 bag tortilla chips, to serve
- Heat skillet (approximately 8” or so in diameter) over medium heat and melt butter. Add flour and cook flour and butter for about one minute.
- Slowly stream in milk and whisk. Bring milk to a simmer and cook until thickened slightly and coats the back of a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Add Flavor Seed’s Rock Yo’ Taco and stir.
- Garnish with red onion, jalapeno, scallions and/or cilantro.
- Serve with chips.
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
If you liked this recipe try Flavor Seed's Rock Yo' Taco Pie.
Follow this link to find Flavor Seed's Rock Yo' Taco Seasoning.