Flavor Seed's Greek Gyros
Lamb gyros inspired by Greek adventures! This recipe is perfect for a fun family dinner, it’s simple, it’s quick and it feeds a crowd. And when you’re thinking Greek, there always has to be enough food to feed a gathering. This recipe uses Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek to Me, a beautiful blend of herbaceous and savory taste with just a hint of cinnamon.
- 2 1/2 lb. boneless and butterflied leg of lamb opened flat, about 1” think
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- ¼ - ½ cup Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek to Me seasoning
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek to Me seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoons Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek to Me seasoning
- 1-2 pitas per person, warmed slightly
- Spinach or desired lettuce, chopped or torn if needed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450° F or grill to 375° F. Lay lamb flat on a sheet tray and drizzle both sides with olive oil. Squeeze a half of lemon on each side and then evenly distribute the ¼ - ½ cup Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek to Me seasoning. Press all the flavor into the meat.
- If using an oven, place sheet tray directly into the oven. If using a grill place grilled meat directly on the grill. Roast of grill for ~30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145° F.
- To make the tzatziki sauce, blend cucumber, lemon juice, Greek yogurt and Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek to Me seasoning.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat and sauté onions and peppers until wilted slightly and translucent. Season with Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek to Me seasoning.
- To assemble gyros, layer lamb, onions and pepper, lettuce, tomato and feta. Drizzle with tzatziki and serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Follow this link to find Flavor Seeds It's Greek To Me Seasoning.