Flavor Seed's Greek Gyros
These delicious Greek lamb gyros make your mouth water – trust us! This recipe is perfect for a fun family dinner. This blend will get kids to eat anything you put in front of them. Our founder, Adam Jenkins, swears by this. It’s Greek To Me herbal and savory taste with just a hint of cinnamon, keeps you coming back for more.
- 2 1/2 lb. boneless and butterflied leg of lamb
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek to Me seasoning
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Flavor Seed's It's Greek To Me Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 4-6 pitas, warmed slightly if desired
- Spinach or desired lettuce, chopped or torn if needed
- Tomato, chopped
- Wash and dry lamb. Drizzle lamb with olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon and generously season with Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek To Me Seasoning, about 1 cup.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Add lamb to grill and cook for 10-15 minutes Grill lamb until internal temperature is 145° Rest lamb for 10 minutes to redistribute juices. Slice thinly.
- To make the tzatziki sauce, blend cucumber, juice of 1 lemon, Greek yogurt and 2 tablespoons Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek To Be Me seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and sauté onions and peppers and cook until wilted slightly and translucent. Season with 1 tablespoon Flavor Seed’s It’s Greek To Be Me seasoning.
- To assemble, top with slices of lamb, onions pepper mixture, lettuce and tomatoes. Drizzle with tzatziki and serve.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Diets: Kosher, Paleo
If you enjoyed this recipe try Flavor Seed's Did Someone Say Chipotle Hummus
Follow this link to find Flavor Seeds It's Greek To Me Seasoning.