Flavor Seed’s Did Someone Say Chipotle Seared Chicken Breast and Lemon-Aid Jicama Salad
Spicy, tangy, slightly sweet and oh so good. This simple, easy, healthy, and hearty Tex-Mex recipe will have you sayin’ “howdy” and searching Amazon for cowboy boots.
- 4 TBS Flavor Seed’s Did Someone Say Chipotle
- 3 TBS of Flavor Seed’s Lemon-Aid
- 2 Pounds of Organic Chicken Breast
- 1 Pound Chorizo or Favorite Sausage (Optional)
- 2 Medium Onions
- 1 Large Jicama Root
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 6-8 Large radishes
- 1 Apple (Gala preferred)
- 4 TBS Olive Oil
- 2 Limes ( 1 juiced, 1 quartered for garnish)
- Peel onion, jicama & apple, dice into small pieces, combine and add lime juice to prevent discoloration.
- Dice Jalapeño (remove seeds and devein), radishes, and cilantro (remove stems) combine with jicama.
- Add 3 TBS Lemon-Aid seasonings and mix everything thoroughly set Jicama salad aside or refrigerate.
- Butterfly chicken breast (pound out to tenderize (optional))
- Add 4 TBS Flavor Seed Chipotle Seasoning to both sides of chicken breast
- Add 4 TBS Olive Oil to large pan and heat on high. Add chicken breast and sausage (if using). Lower temperature after flipping, cook until internal temp. reaches 160.
- While cooking meat slice (julienne) onion. Remove chicken when fully cooked add onions and 2 TBS water to de-glaze and caramelize. Assemble and serve. Garnish with Lime slice
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutesDiets: Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole 30, Keto