Flavor Seed’s Anything With Wings Thanksgiving Turkey
- 12-20 pound turkey
- 2-4 ounces of Anything with Wings Seasoning
- 2 cups kosher salt
- 1 quart of milk (or buttermilk) optional
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Peanut Oil (if Frying)
- If the turkey is frozen: thaw in the refrigerator, 24 hours for every 5 pounds of turkey.
- Rinse turkey and remove giblets, neck, or other internal organs. (Save for gravy)
- Add turkey to large pot, add 1-2 ounces of Anything With Wings, 2 cups Kosher Salt, 1 quart of milk, add water (if needed) to cover turkey completely. Brine turkey overnight for at least 12 hours.
- Remove turkey 1 hour prior to cooking, pat dry, allow turkey to come to room temperature, discard brine
- Rub turkey with 5 Tablespoons of olive oil and 1-2 ounces of Anything with Wings. Make sure oil and seasoning is put under breast skin/fat. For a 12 pound bird I typically use half a jar during this step.
- Cook using your desired method. We always fry a bird and roast a bird, but you can’t go wrong either way. If roasting or smoking make sure to baste often.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: Varies on weight of bird and method of cooking Internal temperature of turkey should be 165o F and clear juices running from temperature probe hole.
Fried – approximately 3 minutes per pound
Roasted – approximately 15 minutes per pound
Smoked - approximately 30 minutes per pound
Total Time: 24 hours for Brine, 2-8 hours THANKSGIVING DAY depending on cook method
Diets: Gluten Free, Paleo, Keto, Whole 30, Thanksgiving