Flavor Seed's Did Someone Say Chipotle Beef Stew
You can never go wrong with beef stew. This south-of-the-border twist is just the right amount of spicy and smoky.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Flavor Seed’s Did Someone Say Chipotle Seasoning
- 2 lb. chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 ounces beef stock
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped and optional garnish
- In a large heavy bottom pot heat olive oil over medium high heat. Season meat with Flavor Seed’s Did Someone Say Chipotle Seasoning and brown all sides of the meat, being patient and working in batches if needed.
- Add onions and pepper and cook until slightly soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer, adding water if needed to cover all meat. Simmer and cook for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in black beans, corn, tomatoes and bring to temperature. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours and 15 minutes